If you end up in a situation where your iPhone just won’t boot up anymore (not even showing the empty battery icon nor the Apple logo) – or it is simply not recognized in iTunes anymore – it might be, that some of the pins in the Dock connector are be broken. At least that was what happened to me.
Fortunately you can get a replacement of the exact same iPhone model at your local Apple Store for some bucks (which are a lot below the price you would have to pay for a completely new iPhone model).
Don’t worry, I didn’t move away from Apple devices But due to my current job, I got an Android OS based mobile phone. And of course I wanted to be able to access my perfectly organized contact cards there – and for free, not with some kind of costly synch tool.
Turned out to be not so easy – something I generally think about Android so far, but that is another story and shall be told another time – but I got it working anyway in the end. Credits and thanks goes to Jeremy and his blog post “Sync iCloud Contacts/Calendar with Android“.
Here’s what you need to to, in order to sync iCloud Contacts and Calendars to Android OS:
OS X nearly drove me nuts today, as it suddenly stopped accepting my Username/Password combination for authentication. First this happened when I wanted to relogin from the Screensaver, worked again after a hard-restart to login to the OS, just to come back when working inside OS X and trying to authenticate in order to delete a protected folder.
The WiFi Network “mobilcom-debitel Free WLAN” at Hamburg Airport allows you to go online for 1 hour for free within 24 hours. If this isn’t enough, because you have longer waiting times at the airport, or you want to connect twice within 24 hours, simply change your WiFi-Card’s MAC-address after the hourly period expired.
Recently I had to create a lot of Microsoft Office Word documents based on the same template, so I decided to use Mail Merge. Unfortunately when you generate a document from a defined Mail Merge template in Word, you end up having all the pages inside one huge document. But I wanted to have each form in a seperate word document.
To achieve this non-standard behavior, I wrote a little helper: execute the following VBA Macro on your Office Word Mail Merge template to have Word generate & save every record into a single file.
There is one thing to do manually, because I couldn’t solve it programmatically: you have to manually set the “Mail Merge Output” setting to “Current Record”! (default is “All”)